Friday, March 20, 2009

Bait and Switch

I got an email a little while ago from Ikea talking about a sale that they are having this weekend that started today.  One of the items were some barstools that they had on sale for $19.99.  Since I've been in need of barstools, I decided to make the trek to pick some up.  Today I met Rachel there and discovered that they had already sold out of the one thing that I came there to get.  We got there 4 hours after they opened.  Rachel and I ended up walking around for 3 hours!  I swear we looked at everything in the building.  We started throwing things into a shopping cart as we went along and by the time we went to pay, I had spent $149 and Rachel spent $100 on random stuff.  Needless to say, we were both shocked.  The most expensive thing I bought was $14.99 and the rest averaged around $4.  Seeing how I spent so much and didn't even get what I came for, I was a little peeved, especially since they had a sign saying that they'd have more barstools tomorrow morning.  Rachel and I did find a steal on some shelves that are usually $29.99 for just $5, since they were a little chipped.  They're the same ones that I have over my couch in the living room.  Going to Ikea can be a little dangerous since I always end up spending way more than I intend to.

4 comments:

Missie said...

HAHAHA I wanted the barstools too! They were gone in the first 12 mins they opened. My husband works there and we were still unable to get them :(

Holly said...

The same thing happens to me when I go to IKEA, I spend way too much money and time there, ecspecially with 2 little boys!

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know my husband Jake thinks that your dogs are awesome. Where did you get them?

Abish said...

Janalyn-
We got Hugo from a breeder in Provo over 8 years ago and Mockie we got from a breeder in Pleasant Grove. Both were advertised in the newspaper. There's actually not a lot of Malamutes for sale in Utah, and if there are, they want over $1000 for them. We were pretty lucky to find them.