On Saturday, Teo had his birthday party. We went to the Bean Museum on BYU campus. They brought out a snake, turtle, and iguana for the kids and talked about them. After a while, Teo got kind of bored and wanted to walk around. We walked around and looked at the animal displays. There are some freaky looking animals. I should have taken some pictures of some but didn't think of it at the time. There are species of deer that have fangs hanging out of both sides of their mouths. We were laughing because it looked so funny. Afterward we hung out at moms new apartment. I had some other photos but I can't figure out how to rotate the picture so that it's turned the right way. Anybody know how to fix it?
Fablehaven and Fablehaven:Rise of the Evening Star, by Brandon Mull
These books are part of a series. They are for ages 7-13. I was able to read each book in 2-3 days each. I know it sounds retarded but they are really good. It's about a brother and sister who end up staying with their mysterious grandparents. They find out that the property their grandparents live on is an endangered wildlife preserve. Only thing is, the wildlife they are preserving are fairies, water nymphs, satyrs, and other creatures, some evil. The first book follows them as they discover the secrets of the property named Fablehaven. There is a creepy witch that lives on the property which is pictured on the book. The second book follows the siblings a year later when they are unexpectedly brought back to Fablehaven to face new challenges that have come up. There is a secret society that is called the Society of the Evening Star that works against secret preserves like Fablehaven to try and free the evil creatures that are kept captive to keep the world safe. There are also hidden artifacts on each preserve that have magical powers that the society wants to get a hold of to free a particularly evil monster that is in a magical prison. The second book ends with a cliff hanger that everyone at work was making a huge deal out of. The third book comes out the end of this month so if you read them you wont have to wait long to find out what happens. Since these are childrens books, they are clean, and entertaining. The action is pretty much non stop to keep your attention. The humor is not so juvenile in this book as the last one I read. I think adults can enjoy this series too, there are a lot of people at work that love it. I admit, I was pretty addicted. I decided to read this series because it's really popular and the author is also coming next month for a book signing.
1 comment:
I'm sad I missed Teo's birthday. I talked to him yesterday, but not for long. When he told me he got a Spiderman bike for his birthday, he decided he would rather ride it than talk to me. Ouch! :(
Kalia is cute!
Post a Comment