- Since I pretty much make these every or every other week, I have measured all the dry ingredients into ziploc bags and mix them inside the bag, that way you don't have to dirty another mixing bowl. I'll do this with 4 or 5 bags so that they are ready for later and it makes the next batches go faster because most of it's already measured. You just mix the wet ingredients and then dump the dry ingredients in directly from the ziploc bag.
- I set my oven to 350 and bake for 10 minutes. The first few batches, I accidently over baked because they don't really look like they are done baking when you take them out. If you let them sit on the baking sheet for a while to cool down, then they will cook a little bit longer on the sheet as it cools and it won't fall apart when you move them to the cooling rack. It helps to have 2 baking sheets. Once the cookies are cooled all the way, they stay soft. I also keep them in a container or ziploc bag for storage (they are so soft, they will fall apart if you put them in bags).
- I also have a cookie dough scoop that looks like a measuring spoon with a flexible bottom that allows you to push the dough out of the spoon without getting your fingers dirty. This works well if you spray it with nonstick spray every so often so the dough falls out of the spoon easier.
Here's the recipe, but you can just get it on the crisco package.
Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Crisco Butter Shortening or 2/3 stick Crisco Butter Shortening Sticks
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups oats (non instant)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 can coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:
- Heat oven to 375
- Spray baking sheets with no stick cooking spray
- combine shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; mix into shortening mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in oats, raisins and nuts with spoon.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets
- Bake 10 to 12 minute, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
1 comment:
Wait...You actually cook now? Things really have changed with your leaving K-Mart.
Post a Comment