Monday, March 3, 2008

Boorrrinnggg!

Sorry! My life is boring but I thought I'd make a comment about what I've been up to the last week.  Nothing!  Thursday I stopped into the old stomping grounds (kmart) and took a look around.  Needless to say, the apparel was an absolute mess.  I talked to my old boss for a little bit.   She's so funny, they had a card for me that they had everyone sign after I left since we didn't really tell anyone that I was leaving until that week.  And then she dug a couple of gift cards out of her desk and gave them to me.  I guess my old district manager is now a store manager in California, and 2 store managers quit in the last 2 months.  I'm so glad I'm not there anymore.

On another note, Chris has surpassed me on Guitar Hero.  I'm so sad.  I came oh so close to my first 100% when the game cheated me out of the last 2 notes.  It was like a 247 note streak or something.  Who cares if it was on the easy level.  It's amazing how slow easy seems after playing medium for a while.  So of course after I got my 99% Chris had to get 100%.  That little brat.

Well the rest of the week was uneventful so I'll finish up with a book review.  Boo!
Cover Image
The 6th Target, by James Patterson
This is part of a series of books that follows the same main character.  I haven't read any of the previous books and it didn't seem to matter that I didn't.  It follows a female police officer as she solves various crimes, starting with the shooting of one of her friends.  The shooter goes on a shooting rampage on a ferry and gets away.  So it follows that story line throughout the book.  It also follows a crime where a child and her nanny are kidnapped and the kidnappers don't ask for a ransom and the leads dry up.  Also a crime and murder spree hit the police lady's friends apartment building.  Gee, I wouldn't want to be friends with that lady because it turns out that another one of her friends is the prosecutor that ends up with the ferry shooter case.  Anyways, it also has a romance going on the side.  This book has some adult content and a lot of swearing in a few places.  I thought it was okay but I don't think I'll recommend it to anyone.  At the very end I wondered what was going to happen next and of course it doesn't say. :-p  Other than that, I wasn't really in suspense over anything.  This book is a bestseller, which is why I selected it.  Maybe because I was listening to the audio version and the lady that was reading it was kind of silly at times doing different voices, male and female, and a crazy voice for the killer.  Oh, and there was music at times, like a romantic theme when it talked about the romance and one that was supposed to make it seem suspenseful or intense.  Kind of funny.  So maybe actually reading the book would have been better.  The story is pretty good but it would have been better without the romance.

The book I'm reading right now is kind of boring me right now.  I'm debating on whether of not to stop and read something else.  Dang it!  I knew I should have read The Other Boelyn girl!  So it might take me a while until my next review.

2 comments:

Becca Brown said...

I don't think I've ever gotten 100% on Guitar Hero, but I've never really tried.

My friend is bringing her kids over tonight to play GH and Wii. Should be good times.

Amanda Stephan said...

You guitar hero junkies! ha ha ha! And dang husbands, they never let the wives win! Thanks for the book reviews! I LOVE reading and sometimes don't know what to get!