Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Is anybody listening to me?

On Sunday I went over to visit at Nephi & Steffanie's house, since Rachel was coming over.  Teo is such a silly kid, and hyper.  I was holding Kalia.  She was such a sleepy head.  She'd stare at me for a while and then keep dozing off. 

 I didn't have to work yesterday so I rented Atonement and Becoming Jane.  Atonement stays pretty close close to the book for the most part until the end.  The movie is pretty good and is a good alternative to reading the book, but it is Rated R.  I'm assuming the rating is from language during the war scenes, it says the F word a few times.  There is a love scene which doesn't show anything, and some war wounds that are a little disturbing.  The movie is actually cleaner than the book because it has fewer f words and the love scene is more descriptive in the book.  Once again, I was disappointed in the ending because it's sad.  :(  Becoming Jane, was pretty good.  Also with a sad ending.  Kind of sad how she gives all her characters happy endings since she and her sister didn't get one.  It's also interesting to see how her own life inspired the characters in her books.  I didn't realize that both movies had James McAvoy in them until I started the second one.  I thought he looked a little silly with the big hair in becoming Jane.  
Cover Image      Cover Image
I haven't started a new book yet because Chris was getting a little angry with me last week for reading all the time.  Plus I haven't decided yet what I want to read.

2 comments:

Amanda Stephan said...

I LOVE your book reviews but it makes me sad because I don't have time to read right now! Lame! Boo on school!!!!

steve-o said...

I empathize with Chris. Becca is quite the deadbeat when she starts reading as well. Moderation with entertainment just doesn't seem to suit you guys very well.