Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

On Sunday mom, Nephi, Steffanie, the kids, and Rachel and her boyfriend John came over for dinner.  I had made cookies for Teo to decorate.  He helped mix the food coloring into the frosting.  In between stirring he could not resist sticking the knife of frosting in his mouth.  Since I'm ghetto and don't have any baking stuff, I had to use ziploc bags with the corner snipped off .  Teo liked squeezing the frosting out of the bag.  He also liked squeezing it into his mouth when we weren't looking.  He had fun dying easter eggs.  He was a little confused because he thought he could put the dye in his mouth like the frosting.  

Above: the cookies that Teo decorated.  They're supposed to be a carrot, flower, chick, and a butterfly.  He got a little carried away on the carrot; the cookies I decorated.  Mom said that was one fancy easter egg I made.  Ha Ha.  The bunny is retarded; Teo decorating eggs.  He's wearing a towel since he had gotten frosting all over his clothes, we weren't taking any chances on the egg dye.  He was dangerously close to splashing dye on Steffanie's white pants but she had swift mommy moves and blocked it with her hand.  
Baby Kalia, a true Sjoberg, sleeping.  She is so cute.  I love when little babies talk in their cute little soft voices.  She already likes wearing polish on her nails and toes.

Nothing else has been going on.  I need to start reading again so I have something to blog about.  Oh so boring of me.  Chris and I didn't get any easter presents for each other.  He asked me for any ideas and I just wanted money to pay my credit card.  :( I'm broke.  It's no fair.  I think I need an increase in allowance.  That tax rebate in May just can't get here fast enough!  I have to get my butt back into the gym.  I'm getting fatter by the day.  I haven't actively gone to the gym for 6 months and it's starting to show.  Now that I work in a bookstore, the exercise I was getting at Kmart dragging around racks of clothes all day and walking around the store, is gone.  Plus the amount of treats I've been eatting has increased.  Root beer floats are my nemesis.  I seriously crave frosty floats from Wendy's on a regular basis.  Then I got into the habit of buying root beer and ice cream to feed my habit.  Also the oatmeal raisin cookies I've been making Chris haven't been helping.  Oh, and not to mention the pastry case at work.  You know it's a requirement to try everything in there just so you know what it tastes like, right?  ;)  Anyways, I need to get serious about going.  The best time to go is 5am for me and it's just so hard to wake up at 4:30 in the morning.  Especially since I've been having a monkey brain lately and cannot settle down at night to go to sleep.  One night I was awake until 2am and then had to wake up early for work.  Not very fun.  It's just too easy to make up excuses that early in the morning, but even on my days off, when I can go at any time, I don't go at all.  I'm just too lazy!  Anyways, enough about that, I should have a book review next time since I'm on my last CD of the book on audio I've been listening to for the last few weeks.  I know you guys will be dying with anticipation until then, right?  :)  Rachel borrowed my copy of The Other Boleyn Girl, so I expect her book review of it soon.  Also, Amanda, I put up copies of These is My Words on display at work and they have been selling really well.  I remembered you saying on your blog that you loved the book.  

Don't forget to take my readers poll on the left.

4 comments:

Becca Brown said...

Teo and Kalia are sooooo cute! I wish I lived closer. :(

I'm super lazy too. I've been trying to get into shape for our cruise, but the coach is so comfortable.

P.S. I voted "I have nothing else going on..." as a joke.

steve-o said...

Wait a minute...Who the h*ll is this coach??? I'm not gone that much, you know.

Becca Brown said...

That was obviously a typo. I meant couch. :P

Amanda Stephan said...

Teo did so good on his cookies!!! And Kalia is adorable! Well, These is My Words is wonderful!!! I heard that the second book...Sarah's Quilt or something like that is good, but not as good. AND the author didn't write it as a journal...lame!