I started this audio book a few different times and couldn't finish it. It was too boring. I've decided against listening to nonfiction. I get way to sidetracked while driving to pay attention. I'm sure this is a really good book because it's been on bestseller lists a long time.
Greg Mortenson has been under fire recently because Jon Krakauer (author of Into the Wild, Into Thin Air, and Where Men Win Glory)is claiming he is misusing money that is donated to build schools. He also says parts of Mortenson's books are fabricated. Mortenson allegedly takes the charity's credit card and purchases his own books to give away at speaking engagements. This boosts his bestseller ranking and he also gets royalties. The charity also pays for him to fly in a private jet and stay at expensive hotels. Of course he denies these claims.
1 comment:
I tried reading this book a while back and just couldn't do it either! Too boring!
Post a Comment