Monday, December 20, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella


I thought the movie was cute and I got the ebook for $1, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I wasn't expecting it to take place in England so I was a little thrown off by the currency. I found the book really funny and was wondering how she got so lucky to have two millionaires fall in love with her! The book is a little different than the movie, and I liked it better because Becky turns out to be a hero in the end when she decides not to be selfish. I thought the part when she accidentally runs into Derek Smeath, the bank manager, was hilarious. I highly recommend reading this if you're looking for something quick and fun to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was fun too, and I loved reading about all of the fashion. Way better than the movie in my opinion.

The Byron Family said...

i read all of them...it gets a little excessive, but at least read the next one too!