Last Sunday I woke up with my right wrist really hurting. I thought that maybe I slept on it funny and decided to wait a week to see if it got any better. Well one week has passed and it's still hurting. It hurts to bend it in any direction and to use it. It's not excruciating pain but it's still annoying and makes me wonder what is wrong with it. My friend from work just had surgery for carpal tunnel and I'm hoping it's nothing like that. I finally decided I needed to get my act together and find out which doctor I can go to since I just changed to my own insurance this year. I hate trying to figure out what doctor to go to. It sucks! Luckily my insurance will cover the same doctor I went to before I got married. Chris' insurance wasn't accepted there.
On another note, I haven't been to the dentist for years! I won't elaborate how long. My teeth are probably rotting out of my head! Like finding a doctor, finding a dentist sucks! Growing up we were always complaining to my mom about our dentists until she finally told us that she wasn't going to switch dentists anymore. This is when we stopped going to the dentist. ha ha! Our last dentist accidentally shot the stuff to numb your cheek and gums down Sariah's throat and then just walked out of the room and left her to gag. What an idiot! After that, we refused to go back and my mom wouldn't change dentists. After getting married I just haven't made time to ever go back and now I keep putting it off because I know it's not going to be good news. Anyways, I finally printed out a list of dentists my insurance will cover and was looking at one of their websites last night. Terrifying! Yuck! I'm cringing just thinking about it. There were some photos on the websites of some disgusting teeth that are the things in nightmares! After looking at those, I'm thinking my teeth might not be as bad as I thought! I'm prepared for them to tell me I'll need a root canal or something so we'll see. Man! It's expensive getting old! Between my wrist and teeth, it'll cost us a fortune!
Other news, Chris and I are planning on going to Miami for our Anniversary. Don't ask me why Miami. I came home one night and Chris announced that we were going there. I guess he really wants to go there or something so that's where we're going. Of all places. There are a few other places I'd rather go but oh well. Since he decided on the spot, I told him he was also going to be in charge of planning and booking everything else. Usually I'm the one who has to do all that. The crappy thing is that Chris only has 1 vacation day so we'll just be going for a long weekend.
Last week Chris got stung on his stomach by a bee. I don't know how he managed to get a bee down his shirt while driving! He is so unlucky with bees. He's also been stung on the head and the eye since we've been together. All this bee business makes me wonder if I should get a new Epipen. For those of you who don't know, I'm allergic to bees and require a shot if I get stung. Luckily I haven't been stung since the 6th grade (knock on wood). This makes me wonder if I'm still allergic to bees and if I should get a new Epipen. It's been so long since I've been stung that I haven't had one since I stopped going to girls camp. Hmm, do you ever stop having allergies? Maybe I should go to an allergy specialist to see if I really am allergic. When they determined that I needed to get shots, I was in elementary school and had a bee stinger in my foot all day and broke out in hives. When they were asking me all these questions like "Are you having trouble breathing?" I think I said yes but I don't think I really did, you know how kids are, the power of suggestion. Every other time I had gotten stung previous to this incident, I had been just fine. Maybe I should get stung and see what happens!
Unrelated to the Miami thing, I decided that I was going to do something about being such a fatty and start dieting and exercising. I hate dieting with a passion but sometimes it's necessary to kick start weight loss. With me, I don't know the meaning of moderation. If I want something, I'll eat it because it tastes good. Someone please invent that bubble gum on Willy Wonka that tastes just like dinner! It would be brilliant! It's not so much about eating food, it's that it just tastes good. There are a few foods that texture plays an important role in the experience like Rice Krispies. I like biting down on those as long as they aren't too dry. One time I made them with a little too much Krispies and it wasn't as good. I was bummed. I decided to do the South Beach Diet since I've done it in the past. This time I bought a cookbook and there are some pretty good recipes in it. As far as the exercising goes, I've been a little bit of a slacker for the past week or so. I'll be really good one week and then not so great after that. I do a lot better when I exercise before work but waking up at 4:30 am is not my idea of a great time! There's just too many excuses that come up in the evening if I put off exercise until after work. I don't feel like doing anything after work except updating Mockie and Hugo's facebooks. So far I've lost some weight but not enough to be satisfied. Do I have to get the stomach flu for 3 weeks to see some real progress? Geez!
I bought some new workout videos to give Cindy Crawford a break.
This is a good workout video. There is a main 30 minute workout with 3 separate 10 minute workouts you can also do. I've tried doing the whole thing at once and by the time I get to the end, I can barely do anything. All you need to do this is dumbbells and maybe a mat if your floor is hard.

This one seemed like a good idea at the time but I only lasted 15 minutes before I gave up. I can't do aerobics. I'm too uncoordinated to for jumping around doing squats and kicks in all sorts of directions and punching in between. Too complicated!
I tried doing this one day and didn't make it very far either. Too complicated. How are you supposed to get anything out of a video if you aren't coordinated enough to do the stuff? Sorry Cindy, you're still on video duty after all!
I know it's a million years old but it works, I can actually do all the moves, and I am sore the next day so I know it's working. Besides, my nephew Ben thinks she's hot! Enough said!
3 comments:
I'm always falling apart too. Maybe it's a Sjoberg thing.
I've only exercised twice in the last month. I need my friend to come back from her vacation so she can kick my butt!
I agree that it is a Sjoberg thing! My right wrist is always killing me....thanks to photography, holding a heavy camera and using a mouse non stop for editing...boo! I am trying to get back into exercising! I hear that the new video by Jillian Michaels is really good, and it's only 20 minutes!
I hate trying new workout videos. You think you need something new, then you try it and you feel like you just waisted your money. I like walk away the pounds because there is not much coordination required.
As for the Doctor and Dentist search I agree it sucks. I basicly avoid the Doctor unless I am having kids or preventing it. But I just recently decided to get a Dental Check up. As a result, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled july 10. My parents never took us to the dentist unless we complained or something. So I learned my bad habits from them. My kids however go to regular cleanings every 6 months. Funny how I can force on them what I won't do for myself. Its hard to pick a Doctor or a Dentist without a reference from someone who goes there. Good luck to ya.
Post a Comment