I decided to read this book to see why it was so popular. I'm still not sure why. The book is written in the form of letters written to different characters in the book. Through the letters you get to know the characters and what happens. The book takes place right after WWII in England. The main character is Juliet, a writer. She begins writing to a man in Guernsey after he buys a book that used to belong to her and he finds her name and address in the cover. Through him she learns about the book club that started during the war and the stories of the people on the island while it was occupied by the Germans. She decides to make them the subject of her next book. Soon she begins to fall in love with Guernsey and the people there. This is not my favorite book but I'd recommend it. It took me a while to finish cause I kept reading other books while I was reading this one. I think I read maybe 3 other books at the same time.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment