I have been waiting to finish this series for a while but decided to do it after Brandon Sanderson did an author signing in our store last week. This book is the last book in the Mistborn Trilogy. Since I wasn't sure if people would decide to read the series and I didn't want to give the books away, I didn't really say much about book 2. I'll do the same with this review.
In the first two books I was left with questions and they were all answered in this book. I love when I'm reading a book and all of a sudden something is revealed and things suddenly become clear. The plot of this book is that it's the end of the world. Somehow events made in the first book set into motion the end of days. The main character, Vin, is in a battle against impossible odds. How do you fight an entity determined to destroy the world, can see and hear everything, and can control creatures and some people? While all this is going on, the people are at war with each other. This book is called The Hero of Ages because in the first book it mentioned that there were prophesies that a Hero would come and save the world. It turns out that someone else had thought they were the Hero a thousand years before and this event led to the evil Lord Ruler character in the first book. In the second book, Vin becomes convinced that she is the Hero of Ages because the signs in the prophesies seemed to point to her. In this book, you find out if she really is the Hero. I highly recommend this series. If you read Mistborn and enjoy it, then the rest of the series will not disappoint!
No comments:
Post a Comment