The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
This is the sequel to The Summoning and it totally ended in a cliff hanger. I had people asking for the sequel the same month the first book came out! Check out my review on my sidebar listed under teen books.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
Need I say more? The concept alone is hilarious! Believe it or not, we've sold out of this book and the publisher ran out of copies so it's one of the it books right now. Check out the book trailer here. For those of you who don't know what a book trailer is, it's like a movie trailer but for books. There's a bunch of them on www.bn.com
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
This is the highly anticipated sequel to The Hunger Games. Alas, we will all have to wait until September to read it. Maybe they'll release it early like they did with Hunger Games. Cross your fingers! Read my review of Hunger Games on the side bar. Click here for the book trailer.
Vanished Smile: The Mysterious Theft of Mona Lisa by R.A. Scotti
This is about the 1911 theft of the Mona Lisa from the Louvre. 24 hours passed before anyone noticed that it was missing from it's place on the wall. One of the suspected thieves was Pablo Picasso.
Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith
This is about a man in search of a serial killer who targets children and the soviet government who denies the killer's existence.
City of Ashes and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
These are books 2 and 3 in The Mortal Instruments Series. I read City of Bones a long time ago and didn't read any of the above books because I wanted to read other books. These are still on my list though. Book trailer
Sarah's Quilt and The Star Garden by Nancy E. Turner
I loved These is My Words and will eventually read the follow up books.
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
There are a few people at work that hate Dan Brown but his books are easy to read, fast paced and addictive. I only hope that it won't seem like the same cookie cutter plot that I felt I was reading after I read a few of his books in a row. This is his follow up book for the Robert Langdon character of The Davinci Code and Angels and Demons fame. This comes out in September.
The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
This is about a boy who find out that he a demigod and the son of Poseidon. This is a young reader book.
The rest of the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
Okay you can laugh at me. I'm still in rebellion by not reading the last 3 books. How can I make fun of the series more if I don't finish it? I'd like to read them sometime before the rest of the movies come out. Besides, what's this I hear about putting fists through headboards? I'm curious to see how that is going to be turned into a teen friendly movie.
There a bunch of other books that I want to read that I can't even think about right now so I'll keep you posted. What are some of the books that you're wanting to read?
1 comment:
My list is super long right now. I've started two books (The Historian & Little Women), but haven't finished them yet.
Right now my list has a lot of classics like To Kill A Mocking Bird, Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. Maybe when I'm done painting I'll get to read them...
Post a Comment