Christmas:
We went over to Chris' mom's house in the morning and brought Mockie to meet the family. She doesn't really like to ride in cars. She has to sit in your lap and keeps her head down. She also falls asleep sometimes. Hmmm, must be a Sjoberg trait. So we hung out and had breakfast. Mockie enjoyed playing with their kitten and they were surprised that they actually liked each other. After the fuss of growling, hissing, pawing and chasing each other around, they laid down for a nap together!
Chris' mom gave me this tea cup. It belonged to her mother. She collected tea cups and apparently this one dates back to the 17 century. I'm a little nervous having it cause I don't want to break it. Right now it's on the shelf in the living room.
After we left Allison's house we went to my father in law's house. My sister in law Shayla works for a vet clinic in Park City and gave Mockie her shots while we were there. Mockie was not very happy about it. After an hour (and the Spurs' game concluded with a last minute game winning shot) we headed over to Nephi's house where we were supposed to meet for dinner. By the time we got there, everyone had eaten and were playing Wii. We stayed for a little bit and then Chris and Mockie stayed home while I went to my mom's family party. The Samoan family party was rowdy as usual and we always leave feeling rather small in comparison to the full blood Samoans. It's pretty weird when the younger cousins are not only taller than you but bigger. The only ones who were smaller were the ones in elementary school. They had a gift exchange that took 2 1/2 hours. I remembered I needed gift exchange presents when I was at work Christmas Eve and settled on a Twilight book and puzzle ball as acceptable gifts. Turns out, they were more interested in a box of ramen noodles! The gift exchange was done by drawing numbers and then people could trade or steal the other gifts. Nephi and Stephanie ended up with my gifts. I've learned my lesson. Bringing food to a Samoan gift exchange is acceptable. Next year I'll do my shopping at Costco and not B&N.
Sunday & Monday:
Sunday I was at work and Chris called me to say that Mockie was really sick. She threw up and was really lethargic. He said she couldn't even lift up her head at one point and he thought she had died. She'd be like this for a little while and then would get a little energy and then be in the tanks again. By the time I got home she was really peppy but after a few hours, she was lethargic again. We were really worried. I didn't have to work until later Monday so I took her to the vet. They ran some tests on her and determined that she didn't have Parvo (is that how you spell it?)and that it wasn't a reaction to her shots. The next thing was that she might have something stuck in her intestines that was making her sick. I decided to give her Xrays to be sure. With all the toys she has demolished and the fact that she is always running away with socks and other things, there was a possibility that she could have eaten something. After several hours and $300 later, we found out that there wasn't anything stuck. The vet said to just keep watching her and if she is still sick, then we could do a blood test. She was pretty dehydrated and they gave her an I-V to get fluids into her. Although I was annoyed that we did the Xrays for nothing, I was relieved and would have worried about it if I didn't know for certain. Chris and I have become really attached to her and it was very strange being home for several hours without the little Mockster running around. Mockie was acting her old self but threw up again Monday over night and again a few nights ago. After talking to Shayla yesterday, we think it's our lilac bushes. She has been chewing on the branches when she is outside. Apparently they are toxic to dogs. Hmm, not good. Since those are the only plants we have managed to keep alive I'm kind of hesitant to rip them out. Besides, we haven't had any problems with Hugo. Mockie's going to have to learn.
Tuesday:
I went over to Nephi & Steffanie's house for Kalia's birthday party. She's already 1 year old but doesn't have any teeth. She's such a little cutie. Mom brought her boyfriend over and after the party announced that they would be getting married sometime in the next month. His name is Willard and he is Samoan. They met in her Samoan ward. She seems to be really happy and I'm happy for her. He seems like a really nice guy. He has a southern accent and can apparently sing like Josh Groban. My mom said he bought her 3 dresses for Christmas and has cooked dinner for her several times so she didn't have to after a long day at work. She also said he goes to the Temple every week.
New Years Eve:
Nephi and Steffanie brought the kids over and I made taco's for dinner. I know, I'm not a chef but we couldn't get pizza cause Chris had that for lunch. We watched The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and had just enough time to eat banana splits before the ball dropped. Afterwards, we watched Mockie attack (play with) the kids. She'd jump on Teo's back and try to get Kalia. Kalia wasn't afraid of all Mockie's barking and running at her. Finally Mockie got sick of Kalia's taunting her and knocked her over pretty hard. Kalia bounced back up and pointed at her just in enough time to get knocked over again. That time it really scared her and she started crying. I'd cry too if I were a little runt 1 yr old getting knocked over by a monster pup who weighs more than I do. She weighs 20 pounds and she is only 8 weeks now.
New Years Day:
Chris' Aunt and Uncle live up Hobble Creek Canyon and have an annual sledding party on New Years day. We had to borrow Craig's truck since we didn't have the Range Rover anymore. There is a serious hill on the way up and you have to have 4wheel drive to get up. This year it wasn't that bad and we might have been able to do it with the Fusion. We brought up Mockie for all the fun and she really enjoyed playing in the snow with the neighbor dog. In some parts, the snow was up to my knees. After going down the hill to get Mockie, I gave up and let her run around as long as she wasn't in the path of the sleds. The neighbors also had a massive great dane. It came it's head reached my arm pits! I'm not sure but it might have been half horse. Mockie didn't know what to think about it but was sure to stay away and save in someone's arms.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Rated PG13
The Mummy series is definitely past it's prime. It seemed pretty stupid not having the same actress play the mom and then having the son turn out to be what seemed to be 30 years old. I think he was actually supposed to be 20 or something. I thought it was kind of cheesy. Not only that, it's painfully obvious that Brandon Frazier's hair is thinning and then has a full head of hair in the movie.


No comments:
Post a Comment