Saturday, January 10, 2009

I have no life

So I'm sitting here trying to think about what to write about but the only  things that come to mind are about Mockie.  Sorry Steve.  I know you find it really annoying.  It's really like having children because house training a dog is a lot of work.  

Sunday I went to a girl's house from work.  We were trying to have a get together with a bunch of people from work and a ton of people said they'd come and then didn't.  Oh well.  We ended up playing a few games and had snacks.  

Yesterday I went with my mom and Willard to the fabric store before I had to go to work.  My mom wanted to make us dresses for her wedding at the end of the month.  So far Becca's coming and Sariah said her and Ben might come.  Props go out to Willard for enduring 2 hours in a fabric store.  He tried to be helpful when looking for a dress pattern but was no match for two picky ladies.  My mom asked me to sing at the wedding and I'm a little nervous.  It's been YEARS since I've sang in front of anyone.  I think the last time was in Church 6 years ago.  Yikes!  I'll get over it.  My mom is crazy to plan a wedding in one month and then sew dresses for it!  My only complaint is that my fatness will be immortalized in any photo's taken.  Hmmm, can you say liquid diet?  Just kidding, I hate dieting.

We decided we needed to buy a truck this week.  It's just a used truck we got for a few thousand dollars so we were able to just pay cash for it.  No more car payments!  Chris has been asking for a new truck for a year now and I refuse to cave in.  Besides, this is vehicle #3 and we won't be driving it often.  Why buy new?  There have been a few projects we have done or still need to do that require a truck and we feel bad asking my father in law to borrow his all the time.  The main reason is that Chris is going to start plowing the snow at his work with the 4wheeler plow for extra money.  In order to do this and be able to use it to plow our snow at home too, we need a way to get it back and forth.  Another one of our projects is to get rid of all the excess junk in our basement and house that doesn't even belong to us.  We have a bedroom full of Chris' friend's things who used to live with us, and our basement is full of things from both of our families.  I need this space cleared out for my home gym.  We've got it already set up but I also want more room to do exercise video's.  Not only that, it's embarrassing whenever someone has to come over and sees it all, like an appraiser or the guy spraying for bugs, etc.  Yes, there are just two of us living here, but the basement looks like a hurricane hit it.  I told Chris he needs to just start delivering truckloads to people's houses.  This is my new years resolution of sorts, to get rid of the junk in our basement that isn't even ours.  This has been a goal for a while now but has seen little to no progress over the past few years.  Family members and friends beware: If you have belongings in our house don't be surprised if you get a delivery one of these days.  If there ends up being a bunch of junk in your living room, it'll force you to deal with it immediately.  Out of sight, out of mind.  We've been a storage unit for about 4-5 years now.  If you haven't missed it this long, you probably don't need it.

Okay so just a quick Mockie update.  There have been more casualties from Hurricane Mockie.  She has taken her chewing to a whole new level.  She has SEVERED through the cord to my cell phone charger, the lamp cord, and a bra strap.  This dog is crazy and has razor sharp teeth.  It is amazing she hasn't been electrocuted for chewing on cords that are plugged in.  Luckily the cord she chewed through was on the lamp she previously cracked.  That lamp is officially finished.  This is a good lesson in keeping things put away and out of reach.  She also chewed up one of Chris' belts in the middle of the night because he left his pants on the floor.  We broke down and bought her a kennel so that she can be outside if she's home alone for several hours.  It's just cruel to keep her locked up in a pet porter or bathroom for 9 hours.  Only problem is, she is terrified of the kennel.  This dog is costing me a fortune.  We are definitely fencing in the back yard come spring.

1 comment:

Ora said...

Mockie is very cute, but dang girl, you need a kid! How are you doing? Hope you're doing awsome!