One day I snagged this ebook for free. This series is pretty popular so I decided to see what it was about. If this book were a third in size, it would have been better. I had to laugh when my boss called it The Time Traveler's Wife set in Scotland. Even though I'm curious to how things will turn out, I'm not curious enough to read each massive book in the series to find out.
Set in the 1940's Claire and her husband Frank go on a second honeymoon to Scotland, after being separated during the war for several years. The honeymoon is short lived when Claire is transported back in time 200 years while visiting a stone circle (think Stonehenge). Claire finds herself stuck in the past and finds her fate tied to that of a young handsome Scottish warrior named James. In order to avoid the dangerous clutches of Frank's devious ancestor, Claire is forced (ha ha) to marry James. Soon Claire finds herself in love with James complicating her decision to go back to her place in time and her husband Frank.
No comments:
Post a Comment