Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting: Book Cover
Reader Rating:
Even though I'm trying to stay clear of reading teen novels, I decided to read this one since several coworkers said that it was good and the ebook was only $1.99. I thought it was good but after reading a lot of adult fiction recently, I found the teen romance very juvenile. ha ha

Violet finds out at a very young age that she has a "special" gift for finding dead bodies. She spends her childhood rounding up the bodies of dead animals and giving them proper burials. Each body emits it's own unique echo, it could be a sound, a smell or something visual. These echos only come from the body of something that has died in a violent way. The things that cause the death are imprinted with the same echo from the body marking it with it's death. Violet, now 16, struggles with the problems of the average teenage girl until she discovers the body of a dead girl. This is now the second dead girl she has discovered, the first was when she was 8 years old. Unfortunately, this is not the last dead girl to be discovered in her community. When the serial killer strikes close to home, Violet is forced to decide if she wants to help track down the killer, or live in fear with the rest of the community.

No comments: