I read this book at a time when I was pretty burned out of reading so it took me 3 months to finish. I would read a chapter here and there. Once I finally buckled down and read several hours at a time, I started to like it more but it was also the end of the book and things were picking up. All of this has given me mixed feelings about the book. The book was okay but not my favorite. Had I read it all consecutively, I might have liked it more.
The main character, Connie, goes to her Grandmother's home to help get it ready to sell after being abandoned for the 20 years after her death. She happens upon a key stashed inside an antique bible with a slip of paper inside the key. On the paper is the name Deliverance Dane. Out of curiosity she begins to research the name and discovers that it belongs to a woman accused of being a witch during the Salem Witch Trials. During her research she finds out that Deliverance had a book that could possibly contain spells and Connie begins to look for it.
What I found annoying is the fact that Connie ignores the obvious clues that are pointed out to the reader from the very moment she steps into the house. I found the book predictable overall. The concept for the book was a good one, what if those who were accused of being witches, were in fact, witches.
No comments:
Post a Comment