Thursday, May 22, 2008

reviews

Cover Image
Unfold by Marie Digby.  I mentioned this CD a while ago when we had first started playing it at work.  I ended up buying it because I liked several of the songs on it.  My favorite songs on it are Spell and Unfold.  I put some of her songs on my playlist so you can decide if you like the CD for yourself.
Cover Image
The Kite Runner
I rented this the other day and watched it with Chris.  A majority of the movie is in subtitles when they are in Afghanastan.  Of course I cried though most of the movie like a fool.  There were parts of the movie that were changed of course, and the acting could have been a lot better.  What I didn't like the most about it is that they didn't spend much time telling about Amir and Hassan's childhood and so you weren't as emotionally invested when things started happening.  It's still sad of course.  They cut out a lot of events at the end of the movie that I felt hurt the emotional importance of the last scene of the movie.  I can't say much without giving away the plot for those who haven't read the book and want to.  I highly recommend the book, the movie not so much.  I would watch the movie first and then read the book.  The book is so good and there is so much that the movie can't and doesn't describe, it just doesn't do justice to it.
Cover Image
Cloverfield
We never did see this when it was in theaters.  I did not enjoy this movie.  It made me so sick from the camera constantly bouncing around.  Toward the end of the movie it got so bad and there wasn't anything particular happening so I just listened instead of watching.  The monster in it was weird looking.  Was it supposed to be an alien?  Chris and I were trying to figure out when the girl got bit by one of the things and was bleeding out the eyes, why the military people were freaking out.  Does something happen to you if you get bit?  Did they shoot her behind the curtain or did she explode?  Who knows and who cares?  Anyways I would not recommend this movie to anyone who gets motion sickness.  It was even getting to Chris.  My head wasn't right afterward for a long time, it made me so sick.  I was talking to someone at work about it today and apparently at the end of the movie at the Coney Island scene, you can see the monster thing falling out of the sky into the water.  I didn't notice because my eyes were buggin' out of my head.  

No comments: