
This kind of Love by Carly Simon. I was shocked. I thought it was a guy singing the whole time. Dan said that he was surprised that her career came to this album.
Another CD we've been playing is:

Home Before Dark by Neil Diamond. This reminds me of childhood. Good ol' Neil. Unfortunately other people don't have the fond memories to lean on. One girl at work said she was going to scratch her eyes out if she heard it again. We were closing the store when she said that. Dan went back after closing at put the CD on "One more bite of the apple" a song she singled out as her most hated. They turned it off while Dan and I were counting the money. Dan promptly got on the intercom and starting singing it himself. It was a monotoned version missing several of the words. This is what shenanigans goes on after a bookstore closes for the night.

Spirit by Leona Lewis. I finally bought this a few weeks ago and still recommend it. My favorites on the CD are "I Will Be" and "Here I am". It spooked me out the other day when I was listening to it in the car on the way to work and walked in the building to hear the same song playing in the store. What a coincidence.

Awake Live by Josh Groban. This is a live version of his Salt Lake City concert. It is silly to hear people screaming for him through out the concert. Not one of my favorites to listen to while at work.

Symphony by Sarah Brightman. For those of you who don't know, she's a famous Opera Singer who is married to Andrew Lloyd Weber who wrote the music to Phantom of the Opera. I think I liked this CD the first few times I heard it but after a while, it really gets on your nerves. Some people like it and ask what it is but then I overheard someone say that we play crappy music while this and another CD were playing.
4 comments:
I like that you are talking about cd's!!! You just never know what you are going to get! I've been wanting to get the Leona Lewis cd...now that I know it's good I might have to go pick it up! And Carly Simon looks and sounds like a man! ha ha.
This stuff is all really mainstream. You guys should play some more obscure stuff, if this is all you hear at work. The Borders near my office often plays obscure jazz, classical and rock and it gets people interested in hearing new music.
Yeah, we can play stuff thats new for a while but we're also required to play stuff that sells so if we play something for a while and it doesn't sell then it gets kicked out of rotation. We've been playing a Frank Sinatra CD and it's been a nice change.
Which Frank Sinatra CD? Probably a compilation (which I hate), but I'm curious.
Becca and I are both fans. We even went to the Frank Sinatra DJ request hour on our cruise and put in a couple requests, both of which were played. Very cool.
Post a Comment