The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
I've been wanting to read this for some time and finally got around to it. It ended up being probably my favorite book so far. I know some of you have already read it and said it was good. It's basically about a two boys growing up in Afghanistan, Amir and Hassan. Hassan was the son of Amir's servant, and they grew up together. The book was so sad, I cried at several parts of it. I don't know, maybe I was just emotional or something. I read a majority of it on one of my days off and cried so much my eyes were a little puffy the next day. What made it so sad for me was the total loyalty that Hassan had for Amir, only for Amir to turn his back on him in his time of need and then push him away because of his guilt. It was heart breaking. Later in the book, Amir gets a chance to redeem himself which he struggles to do in the end. It does make you want to smack Amir for being so selfish and such a coward even after all of Hassan's unconditional love and loyalty. It is called the Kite Runner because they used to have Kite tournaments where the kites would battle to be the last kite flying and the strings had glass shards to cut the strings of the other kites loose. Once the kite was cut, the children would chase the kite to catch it. It was called kite running. It was a great honor to catch the last kite cut in the tournament and Hassan was the best kite runner around. I would highly suggest this book to anyone who hasn't already read it. Has anyone seen the movie? I didn't want it to spoil the book for me so I haven't seen it yet. I believe it was just released to DVD. Did anyone else cry as much as I did reading it or am I that big of a baby? Of course I cried as I read the last page. It's so SAD!!!!!
2 comments:
I agree...this book is really good! And I think I cried throughout the entire book! Seriously....so sad!!!
I started crying today at work when I was telling a coworker about it. Geez! I'm a wreck!
Post a Comment