When this book first came out, I saw an advance reader copy sitting at work. I read what it was about and promptly declared "BORING!". It said it was about a group of women who get together and quilt. It ended up being a Barnes & Noble recommended title and when I saw the ebook for $3, I decided I'd give it a try. It ended up not being so bad. I think it would have been better if I'd read more consecutively but I haven't had much time to read lately.
The main character in the book is Hennie, an old woman living in a mining town in Colorado. She comes across a young woman who stops outside her house when she sees Hennie's "Prayers for Sale" sign on her fence. The girl and her husband are new to town and had just lost a baby before coming. Hennie decides to befriend the girl and look after her. Over the course of their budding friendship, Hennie tells Nit stories about herself and people of the mining town. They also discover they share a love of quilting. Most of the book consists of Hennie's stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment