Friday, May 13, 2011

My Short List

I'm not sure when I'll find time to do any reading but these are the top of my ever expanding reading list.
I saw this book on the shelf the other day and it seems like a must read for Gone With the Wind fans.
The Soldier's Wife
I got this advance copy in the mail and it sounded good. It's about a woman who begins having an affair with a Nazi soldier while her husband is away fighting the war. She's forced with a difficult choice when her daughter decides to hide a Jew.
A skeleton is found under the peach tree of a home being converted into an inn. The home belonged to a once prominent family who faced financial ruin.
A woman must piece together the mystery of her grandfather's life after he chooses to die alone away from his family.
Follows a woman as she is diagnosed with Alzheimer's and as her life begins to unravel.

No comments: