Sunday, April 18, 2010

Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah

Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah: Download Cover
Reader Rating:
This book was a little wordy at first but I really enjoyed the second half. (I'm an impatient reader and like things to get to the point.) Its about two sisters who grew up with a distant and unloving mother. Throughout their lives they had tried to connect with her but she left them feeling hurt and unloved. Instead they turned to their father who tried to make up for their mother's lack of affection. Later when the girls are adults, the father dies leaving them to take care of their mother who is pretty much a stranger to them. Once they finally begin to unravel the mystery of their mother's past, they begin to understand her and themselves. The result changes all of their lives forever. Once the mother starts to tell her story, it really gets good and the ending leaves you in tears. The older sister, Meredith, really bugged me when she interacted (or didn't interact) with her husband. I just wanted to smack her! This is a definite read.

No comments: