Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pan's Labyrinth Rated R

Pan's Labyrinth with Ariadna Gil: DVD Cover
This movie came out a while ago and I had no idea it was a foreign film and was Rated R. I wasn't prepared to read subtitles the entire movie but it wasn't that bad. It's about a girl who moves with her pregnant mother to be with her evil army captain stepfather. She comes across a labyrinth with a faun that tells her she is the princess of an underground kingdom. In order to return, she has to complete 3 tasks. While all this is going on, her mother is having problems with her pregnancy and there is a revolution going on. There are some graphic scenes where the Rated R comes from, like a leg being amputated, and a mouth being stitched closed. This is not your family friendly Jim Hensen's Labyrinth. I still liked it though.

1 comment:

The Byron Family said...

I think this is a really good movie! i too was not prepared for the subtitles!