
Chris and I went to see this movie on Friday because it was apparently the scariest movie made in years. After watching it, we decided that it was incredibly overrated. The movie is shot as if they characters were documenting it themselves (Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield). This means a lot of hand held camera induced nausea. The trailers for this movie make it seem like there is non stop action happening the entire film. This is not the case. There isn't a lot going on most of the time since the action happens pretty much only when they are sleeping. Since you pretty much see all the action in the trailer, there isn't really much of a scare when you see it happening during the movie. The trailer also shows people jumping out of their seats, they are so scared. I didn't jump once and I get easily startled. I get easily scared from scary movies but the only thing scary about this was maybe thinking about if your house was haunted after the fact, the movie itself was not scary. The movie is rated R because language.
No comments:
Post a Comment