
I've been wanting to read this series for a while now and finally got around to starting it. I really liked it a lot. The main character Flavia is hilarious and I can't wait to see what she does next. This adult mystery is a book everyone can enjoy since it's cleaner than most teen novels I've read.
Synopsis: Set in 1950's England, Flavia de Luce is a precocious 11 year old with a passion for chemistry and poison. Flavia turns detective when she discovers a dead body in their garden. With only a few clues, Flavia is on a mission to solve the mystery and hand it over to the authorities on a silver platter. The importance of solving the murder is upped when the prime suspect is Flavia's own father! Armed with only her trusty bicycle and her wits Flavia bustles about gathering clues and still finds time to pester her eldest sister by putting poison ivy in her lipstick. Everything is fun and games until the real murderer comes after her!
No comments:
Post a Comment