Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

The Night Circus


When this book first came out, there was a little bit of hype surrounding it. I read what it was about and thought "Are you serious? A magical circus? No thank you!" After a while, I kept seeing it pop up on Must Read lists so I figured I would give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised and ended up really liking it. This is a magical story set in a backdrop of black and white. After reading this, I wanted to get my fortune read. ;)


Synopsis: A group of people get together and start a circus. This circus only opens at night and will come and leave town without any notice. Unbeknownst to the patrons, the circus is also a battleground for two magicians, Celia and Marco, who have trained since their childhood for this competition. Celia and Marco fall in love with each other but are unable to stop the competition when they learn it will end when one of them is dead. Not only are they unable to stop the competition, the fate of the circus and all involved are at stake.

No comments: