My boss recommended this to me and I wasn't disappointed. This is the first book I've read (not listened to) recently where I've actually finished it. I finished it in 3 days. I start books and then get bored and then start another one.
This book takes place in the late 1930's and follows Katey a young New Yorker and her roommate Eve. New Years Eve, the two girls meet a handsome well to do young man named Tinker. They become fast friends and begin hanging out regularly. Both of the girls are interested in Tinker romantically but Eve makes it clear that he's hers. A night on the town changes the course of all of their lives. At the beginning of the book, you know that Tinker is no longer wealthy by the end of the story, so the book keeps you guessing what happens to him. For Katey, she goes from a shy secretary living in a boarding house to an ambitious woman mixing with high society.
No comments:
Post a Comment