I honestly wouldn't have read this book if the publisher didn't send an advance copy to my house. The description on the back was pretty vague but I decided to read it anyway. I ended up really liking it. I was disappointed in the ending because I felt it was really rushed. Since the characters are Russian, the dialog is in broken English, which I find very charming to read.
This book is about a boy and a girl who are best friends when they are young. Vaclav and his parents move to America from Russia when he is very young. Lena is the daughter of Russian parents who has been in America since she was a baby but is unsure who her parents are. She has lived with an old woman she calls a grandmother but is not related. When the old woman dies she moves in with her aunt who neglects her. Things start to change when Lena begins to make new friends at school and it is heartbreaking to Vaclav since she is his only friend. Even though she starts ignoring him, he doesn't give up on her. One day Lena disappears out of Vaclav's life only to reappear seven years later. Finally Vaclav finds out the truth surrounding her disappearance and Lena's troubled childhood. The love they have survives after being separated all these years.
No comments:
Post a Comment