Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sapphique by Catherine Fisher

Reader Rating:
This is the sequel to Incarceron. I have to admit that I actually liked it better than the first one. There was a lot of action happening throughout the book with different characters. Towards the end of the book I was making up my own plot twist where the people in the prison were actually outside and the people outside where actually in the prison. That would have been mind blowing. ;) It's hard to explain without giving the plot away of the first book so SPOILER ALERT! The prison was built and shrunk down and was hidden as a charm on a watch. That way it would be impossible for anyone to find the prison and the prisoners to escape. Throughout the first and second book people are trying to get in for one reason or another, while other people are trying to get out. The prison starts to draw power from the outside to fuel it's own escape plan (the prison is a machine with it's own personality). This got me thinking.... wouldn't it be ironic if the world ended up being what people thought was the prison and they had made their own utopia which they actually thought was the outside? Guess you have to read the books to figure out what I'm trying to say. ha ha!

No comments: